Sustainability is incredibly important to us at Rivers Edge Catering, and we place a high value on maintaining a respectful relationship with the environment. With genetically modified and processed food production on the rise, sustainability is a growing focus of many dedicated chefs in the food industry. It’s also a popular topic among the general population as more people learn about the negative effects of unsustainable food. If you’re interested in sustainable eating, consider these five tips:
- Most sustainable foods don’t need labels because they’re natural and ready to be consumed by humans
- Learning to cook with foods like this is the only way to eat sustain ably.
- Locally grown seasonal foods are the key to supporting your local farmers and sustainable food growth.
- Make your own snacks by looking up recipes instead of eating store-bought snacks that are full of unnatural ingredients.
- Give up fast food, both literally and figuratively. Sustainable food requires preparation, which means that fast foods and convenience foods are not sustainable.